The wait is finally over, as Kim Robins releases her long awaited album Leave The Porch Light On. The project includes 13 new recordings, all centered around the Indiana native’s one-of-a-kind voice. The collection also consists of a musician lineup of guests including Clay Hess, Tim Crouch, Kyle Estep, Josh Woods, Duane Estep and Brennan Hess (full track listing below).
“I have so many emotions ahead of this CD release. The last couple of years have been rough on us all,” says Kim Robins. “I’m thrilled, relieved and sad at the same time. It will be the first project my parents and brother didn’t get to hear. I hope and pray you all will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. Thank you to Clay Hess and Pinecastle Records for giving me the opportunity to live my dream!”
The latest single “Bourbon and Beer” (released in the fall of 2022) tells a haunting story about a husband who can’t crack his addiction, which ultimately leads to more issues down the line. The lyrics were perfectly captured by co-writers Kim Robins, David Morris and Dawn Kenney. It was met with high critical-acclaim when Roots Music Report gave the project a five-star review, while noting that “Bourbon and Beer” was one of the standouts. Bluegrass Today complimented the collection by adding, “Suffice it to say Leave the Porch Light On is a sturdy yet sincere offering that brings Robins’ incisive presence solidly to the fore. That makes this album an illuminating effort indeed.”
Recorded during the COVID era, Leave The Porch Light On features a collection of 13 recordings. It’s very obvious when listening through the record, listeners can hear various influences that stay true to the Hoosier’s unique sound. There’s also no shortage of hit songwriters on the collection, including tracks penned by Paula Breedlove, Mark Brinkman, Rick Lang, Alan Johnston, and more.
To learn more about Kim Robins, check latest news stories, purchase music and more, visit www.kimrobins.com.
Leave The Porch Light On Track Listing:
1. Johnny Clay (written by Daniel Salyer)
2. I’ll Always Be A Gambler (written by Joshua Woods)
3. Bourbon And Beer (written by Kim Robins, David Morris and Dawn Kenney)
4. Leave The Porch Light On (written by Kim Robins and Dawn Kenney)
5. Memories Of An Angel (written by Daniel Salyer)
6. Annalisa (written by Marc Rossi and Jeff Walter)
7. Seven Devils Ridge (written by Brad Davis and Paula Breedlove)
8. You’re In The Lord’s Hands Now (written by Marc Rossi and Jeff Walter)
9. Hurricane (written by Alan Johnston)
10. I’m Not To Blame (written by Terry Foust and Michael Bentley)
11. Can’t Be Anything But Love (written by Mark Brinkman)
12. Wind In The Valley (written by Rich Schleckser and Rick Lang)
13. I Won’t Have A Prayer (written by Greg Preece)
Musician Credits: Kyle Estep (guitar / lead vocals on track 2, 6, 8, 11) | Josh Woods (banjo on track 2) | Duane Estep (mandolin on all tracks) | Clay Hess (guitar / banjo on all except track 2, bass on track 2, lead vocals track 12) | Brennan Hess (bass on all except track 2) | Tim Crouch (fiddle on all tracks) | Vocals: Kim Robins, Kyle Estep, Duane Estep and Clay Hess