Jim & Jesse are celebrating 50 Years as members of the GRAND OLE OPRY this year. The success of their 60’s radio shows prompted Martha White Flour to bring them to Nashville to star on their early morning show on WSM. In 1964 a life time dream came true for Jim & Jesse when they became regular members of the GRAND OLE OPRY.
Originally released in 1978 as a 2 record set on the Old Dominion label, RADIO SHOWS was recorded in 1962 and contained mainly songs never before recorded by Jim & Jesse and The Virginia Boys, and were selected because of the heavy requests for them on their radio shows. Joe Taylor, Jim & Jesse’s former booking agent, stated in the album liner notes, “I hope you enjoy this album, it is down to earth, American music, at its very finest.”
Produced by Jesse McReynolds and Gordon Reid, RADIO SHOWS contains 24 songs on one compact disc remastered from the original master tapes by renowned engineer John Eberle with performances by Jim & Jesse McReynolds, Allen Shelton, Jim Buchanan, Don McHan and David Southerland.
A bonus feature includes a free download interview with Jesse McReynolds reminiscing about the RADIO SHOWS album and era, as well as, exclusive photos from his private collection during this wonderful period in the lives of Jim & Jesse.
Jim McReynolds – Vocal, Guitar
Jesse McReynolds – Vocal, Mandolin
Allen Shelton – Banjo
Jim Buchanan – Fiddle
David Southerland – Bass
Don McHan – Guitar
1. Intro (1:07)
2. Diesel Train (2:37)
3. Going Like Wildfire (2:36)
4. Snowflake Breakdown (1:41)
5. The Family Who Prays Together (2:32)
6. ‘Till These Dreams Come True (2:04)
7. Everything She Touches Gets The Blues (1:11)
8. Sitting On Top Of The World (2:16)
9. Have You Lost Your Love For Me? (2:28)
10. Bluegrass Breakdown (1:43)
11. Press On O’ Pilgrim (2:11)
12. Bye Bye Blues (1:17)
13. Don't This Road Look Rough And Rocky (2:01)
14. On The Mississippi Shore (2:28)
15. How Do You Talk To A Baby (2:27)
16. Beer Barrel Polka (1:41)
17. Will There Be Any Stars In My Crown (2:35)
18. I Cried Again (2:07)
19. I Can't Help Wondering (2:17)
20. There’s More Pretty Girls Than One (2:20)
21. On The Banks Of The Ohio (2:46)
22. Cheyenne (2:04)
23. Precious Memories (2:32)
24. Foggy Mountain Top (2:10)
25. Heartaches And Flowers (2:15)
26. So Long ‘Til Next Time (0:58)
"Radio Creds" are votes awarded to artists by radio programmers who have
downloaded their music and have been impressed with the artist's
professionalism and the audience's response to the new music. Creds help
artists advance through the AirPlay Direct community.
Only radio accounts may add a Radio Cred. One week after the track has been downloaded the radio account member will receive an email requesting a Cred for each artist they've downloaded.