Released via Pinecastle Records, 'United We Stand' is a collection that features some of the biggest names in Bluegrass, all coming together to perform patriotic themed tracks. Pinecastle is also excited to announce that the record benefits Guitars 4 Vets.
'United We Stand' was organized and put together by “Female Vocalist of the Year” winner Lorraine Jordan, who heads the award-winning band Carolina Road. Throughout the selection process, Jordan aimed to capture the true American spirit with each artist selected on every patriotic Bluegrass song. In addition to a track on the record from Carolina Road, the band’s critically-acclaimed “Banjo Player of the Year” winner Ben Greene also showcases his world-class musicianship, performing three different must-hear instrumentals throughout 'United We Stand'. The collection also includes American inspired tunes from participating artists like Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road, Dale Ann Bradley, Billy Droze, Williamson Branch, Roe Family Singers, Nightflyer, Family Sowell and more (full track listing below).
The project is available for pre-order now, where fans will be able to receive “Sergeant Bum” by Clay Hess and “Will You Fold My Flag” by Flashback. The Clay Hess song showcases a softer side of the album, telling a story about a homeless veteran given the nickname Sergeant Bum. The powerful anthem was penned by Mike Evans and Mark Brinkman. The upbeat Flashback track featured was written by Don Rigsby and is also included on their latest record 'Blues Around My Cabin', serving as the second official single from the collection.
Featuring 18 tracks, there are several standout moments throughout the record. On the track “Sallie,” Williamson Branch sings about a dog who was a mascot for the Yankees during the Civil War. It was written by powerhouse songwriters Paula Breedlove and Mark Brinkman. Another key highlight is the reunion of the IBMA winning Daughters of Bluegrass, who come together to perform “Women In Uniform” a tribute co-written by Breedlove and Jason Alan Eustace. Plus there are two standards recorded by the Roe Family Singers that captures that traditional spirit, along with a Dale Ann Bradley track as well.
'United We Stand' Track Listing:
1. The National Anthem - Ben Greene
2. Will You Fold My Flag - Flashback
3. I Wave - Family Sowell
4. Another Soldier - Carolina Road
5. While THe Band Is Playing Dixie - Roe Family Singers
6. God Bless America - Ben Greene
7. Sallie - Williamson Branch
8. Zebediah Jones - Billy Droze
9. Women In Uniform - Daughters of Bluegrass
10. Press On - Garrett Newton Band
11. Soldiers, Lovers And Dreamers - Dale Ann Bradley
12. Sergeant Bum - Clay Hess
13. Military Medley - Ben Greene
14. Americans, That’s Who - VW Boys
15. A Hug & Kiss From Katie - Nightflyer
16. Tears Of A Soldier - Johnny and Jeanette Williams
17. With Love From Normandy - Brad Hudson
18. This Land Is Your Land - Roe Family Singers