BLUEGRASS POWER PICKS - LOVE SONGS FROM THE SMOKIES (True Love & Wandering Hearts) contains original recordings of 20 CLASSICS through the years performed by many Bluegrass Legends...It’s some of the best bluegrass classics available and a good place to start for a new Bluegrass fan and has all the important songs for the most seasoned Bluegrass Lover, too. The theme of this collection is Mountain Love Songs and Ballads straight from the Smoky Mountains. These songs have been passed down over the decades and now they are contained on this 20 song collection to be remembered and shared with future generations.
During the time that Uncle Jim O’Neal ran Rural Rhythm back in the 50’s, 60’s & 70’s, he recorded several hundred albums, and captured a unique cross-section of tradition-based American music.
The oldest of these songs crossed the ocean in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, but all of them have endured, and they’re rendered here in performances that will endure. This is a vital part of the music that America gave to the world
On this 15 song collection, we hear the traditional side of bluegrass played by some of its finest legends and pioneers in bluegrass such as Mac Wiseman, Red Smiley, Reno & Harrell, Hylo Brown, Earl Taylor, J.E. Mainer, Lee Moore, Mac Martin, Jim Greer and more culled from the treasure trove of over 4,000 recorded masters produced over the past 60 years by Rural Rhythm Records.
Each song was remastered from the original master tapes by Steve Hoffman, (a leading mastering engineer in the High End Audio market). The end results are some of the best sounding authentic and historic Classic Bluegrass Music available today!
Bluegrass Power Picks - Love Songs From The Smokies (True Love & Wandering Hearts)
1. Handsome Molly – Hylo Brown & The Timberliners (Focus Songs)
2. Walk Softly Darling – Roy Ross & His Blue Ridge Mountain Boys
3. Sparking Brown Eyes – Jim Greer & The Mac-O-Chee Valley Folks
4. I’ll Be All Smiles Tonight – Mac Wiseman
5. Molling Darling – Jim Eanes & Red Smiley With The Bluegrass Cut-Ups
6. Someday We’ll Meet Sweetheart – Roy Ross & The Blue Ridge Mountain Boys
7. When The Roses Bloom Again – Reno & Harrell With The Tennessee Cut-Ups
8. Pretty Quadroon – Earl Taylor & Jim Mccall With The Stoney Mountain Boys
9. Mole In The Ground – Hylo Brown & The Timberliners
10. I Never Can Love You Again – Lee Moore
11. Beautiful Brown Eyes – Red White & His Dixie Bluegrass Boys
12. Prisoner’s Dream – Red Smiley & The Bluegrass Cut-Ups
13. Katie Kline – Mac Martin & The Dixie Travelers
14. I Wonder Where You Are Tonight – Jack Casey
15. Are You Tired Of Me My Darling – James Wall
16. Rolling Down The Mountain – Hylo Brown
17. Somebody To Love You – Earl Taylor & Jim Mccall With The Stoney Mountain Boys
18. Mountain Laurel – Jim Greer & The Mac-O-Chee Valley Folks
19. Southern Moon – Mac Martin & The Dixie Travelers
20. I Want To Be Loved, But Only By You – Red White & His Dixie Bluegrass Boys